Wood has been utilized since the ancient times in order to create furniture. Nowadays, the design has grown to be extremely intricate and sophisticated. Wood furniture is generally handmade while using only simple tools. Overtime, they have been treated as a luxurious property that can be handed down from different generations.
This is undoubtedly a testament of the timelessness and the durability of wood furniture. They are also extremely adaptable which will make them perfectly fit any type of interior decoration. Treat this as a form of investment that will last for many years.
Choosing the Furniture Design That Will Beautify Your Home
Considering the types of wood and the construction will help you choose the right furniture for your house.
• Hardwood- This type of wood are commonly more durable compared to the softwood; they are also more expensive. There is a long range of colors available on various types of woods. It can also be bleached in order to adjust and alter the color of the wood.
Walnut, teak, mahogany, cherry, oak and maple are some of the premium hardwood. Teak has resistance against rotting, cherry is reddish brown and highly resistance against swelling, ebony’s color can range from brown and black.
• Lightwood- Soft wood also known as the light wood is commonly used on tables and chairs. They can also be used in creating bookcase, coffee table, dressing table, and drawer. The beech and ash furniture will look great when used in the kitchen that is not properly lit. Pine is great in bedroom, especially on a country style.
• Composite Wood- Composite types are manufactured types of wood. They are commonly used in the modern type of furniture.
• Veneers- this type of wood is inferior to the solid woods. Be sure to check the base and the face of the veneers to guarantee its quality.
• Construction Type- The methodology that is incorporated in assembling the wood furniture will determine the durability of the furniture. The joints need to be dowelled and mortise-and-tenon to make it secure and stable. Mitered joint and Butted are commonly weaker and will not have the ability to support heavier materials.
This type of construction will require additional reinforcement in order to ensure its durability. Chair legs and table legs use diagonal and triangular block that will maintain the stability of the furniture when it is being moved, or in case a pressure is being applied on the wood furniture.
Finally, you can look for inspiration when looking for wood furniture in the market. You can look for unique ideas for the drawers, dining table and bed frames. A house is places where we spend a significant part of our life so make sure that you will choose only the best type of materials.
Choosing the design of your furniture can dramatically change the interior layout of your house and make it look more stylish and refreshing. Consider the tips we provided above when looking for the right design of wood furniture to make sure that it will harmonize with the design of your home.